Sunday, September 11, 2011

Green Wight Sketch

I just finished Brent Week's Black Prism! I read his Night Angel trilogy and adored it, so naturally had to pick up his latest work (or rather my boyfriend gave it to me for my birthday ^^). Super awesome, definitely not Night Angel but still Weeks. Anyway, there's this nifty "creature", or people, called color wights (of each color) that sound so cool to me, so decided to draw a green wight. I won't spoil what a wight is (though it's not really a secret. You see one in Chapter 1 and it's awesome. Just read it, it's great), but this is how I think one looks like. A green one, anyway. Trust me, there will be green once I paint it XP

I tried doing some painting-from-scratch in Sketchbook Pro on my ipad, but I'm so new to the technique that it was just frustrating to not know what I was doing wrong, so I'm temporarily back to my old sketch-and-multiply paint technique til I can figure it out. Sorry, I'm also still on vacation with no scanner, so taking crappy photos instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment