Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NANOWRIMO CHALLENGE: COMPLETED

OOFTA. WOWZA. SKADOOSH. Today is the last day of November, and I have just completed the National Novel Writing Month (NANOWRIMO) 50,000 words in a month challenge, ending at 50,159 words! I've been writing that mysterious story I keep talking about. I had optimistically and unrealistically hoped that 50000 words would cover the entire first draft of Book 1, but unfortunately it's about half, if not less. So I still have a LONGGG way to go before I even finish the crappy rough first draft. UGH. Oh well I'm still super proud of myself, because I conquered a lot of hurdles I normally experience about writing, like judging it and overthinking what to write. This challenge made me just sit down and pound it out, and though sometimes it was like pounding out teeth, other times I stumbled onto great ideas for new scenes and character developments. GO ME. I'm thinking about taking a break from writing, though. I feel like I've suffocated the project from obligation as well as enthusiasm, so I'll give it a breather. It'd be a good time for me to get back to drawing and reading like a normal person. Well, I say normal...

Anyway! Thanks to anyone who encouraged me to bang this out! I'll probably do my own nanowrimo in another month to bang out the rest of the first book. THIS THING NEEDS TO COME OUT ALREADY. However, I'm in no hurry to pass it around for advice/critique yet. I don't think I'm ready to pounce on the editing phase. But whatever. All I'm trying to say is I'm awesome and I completed the NANOWRIMO challenge!

(congrats to anyone out there who also did, or completed the no-shave november challenge. Way to go)

No comments:

Post a Comment